Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Confession 5 Acknowledgements

.

.

Acknowledgements and the many different ways to say thank you:

The coolest thing is to be like the literary and have none at all. Thank people personally and leave the awards ceremonies out of it. But I am not cool and I love reading other people's. Mine went through more rewrites than the novel.

After reading everyone else's on the tables at Waterstones I gave myself a stern warning about pretentious gushing. On the other hand, gushing can be really charming if it's done well. After lots of 'thanks to... for this' and 'to... for that'.... I cut all that out and made a list, treating it like TV credits and only mentioning people who'd helped with the book in a direct way, which caused its own problems.

Bye bye for now, thanks for visiting, come again soon.

No comments: