Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Conf 88 Catching up

No. of words: 37,394
No. of e-mails from Guardian ed.: 1
No. of new publication days: 1


My second non-fiction is supposedly out now. I've had no author copies or any communication from the publisher. Amazon says delivery will be in 5-6 weeks. I e-mail the editor, the gushing editor who once promised me oodles more work once upon a long time ago.

Hi,

Hope you're well. Is is publication day today? or did the dreadful deadlines finally take their toll? I was just wondering when I'd get my six author copies. Also, I hope you haven't forgotten that a copy was promised to J? For speed, here are her details again...
Best wishes, Amanda

OK? Friendly but crisp. I don't know if I want more work from them. I think I'd rather temp, it pays more. I applied for 2 temp jobs today, starting 5 September.

Also, no sign of Russian covers of the 2 novels. However, I did hear from the Guardian ed. after sending her the copy for my third cleaning guru-like query . I sent a covering e-mail saying I hoped it was OK. Her reply was 'It's not just okay, it's blinking marvellous. Let me know if you don't get your payment for any reason.'

Now, THAT'S more like it. I'm not sure which I like best, the blinkin marvellous or the bit about the payment. There could be some holy-grail-like regular column work there, who knows.

Daughter's on a 3 day adventure course so I suddenly had myself to myself again today. I wasn't sure what I was supposed to be doing - finding a job, finding a home, writing novel 3, clearing junk, getting some food in. I decided on the writing, lots of wordcount to catch up on. The house still refreshingly clean after all the frantic preparations for landlord visit at the weekend. An agent came at lunchtime today to value the place for them. I let him in and went back to my computer. Then I promptly forgot about him, so I really jumped out of my skin when this man in a dark suit suddenly appeared at the door.

At the literary end of the compass, a meaty new
short story competition has just been announced. More difficult to crack than getting a novel published methinks, but interesting.

Bye bye, thanks for visiting, come again soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I was just looking around some blogs and checking different templates for ideas. Good blog with a nice template. I can start my own blog on beginner guitar thanks to your blog. I will visit weekly by the way. Like your ideas.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your nice blog. You can visit my site if you want
Peer to Peer file sharing center To get unlimited music and movies download, join a peer to peer file sharing center download site.

file sharing software said...

Hi Amanda Mann,
I was researching file sharing related stuff when I found your blog. While Conf 88 Catching up wasn't exactly what I was after, it made interesting reading so I'll be sure to pop by again. I'm off to find out more information about file sharing. Keep up the good work.