Monday, February 27, 2006

Conf 152: Chapter One Again

No. of words: 64,745

Yesterday's go at starting all over again was fairly successful. This morning, still scared of not being able to do it any more, I got into it at 8.30, foregoing morning run and breakfast for a couple of hours. This seemed to work quite well. Had end of the month domestic bills to sort out, and partner hovering around computer trying to make colour printer work for ages, so all in all quite happy with progress today.

Hopefully this next draft will SOMETIMES be a tiny bit pleasurable as I bin every word that isn't doing anything constructive and tighten the rhythm.

Bye bye, thanks for visiting, come again soon.

1 comment:

Julia said...

Hello,
I just stumbled across your blog and have ended up reading through the archives for over an hour now. I'm supposed to be working on my novel, and am finding Confessions of an Author such a good procastination tool that I may have to refrain from adding it to my favourites in the hope that it never distracts me again. I suspect I'll be back though. Thanks for being so honest, nice to know I'm not the only one who goes through all this stuff. But kinda tough to realise that it may never go away!