Monday, March 20, 2006

Conf 162: Slump

No. of e-mails from agents (x 7): 0 (given up now)
No. of new query letters to mail out this week: 4
Chapter: 17

Third day on this chapter rewrite and it still refuses to shine. Off to do some hard copy polishing in a moment. Will be brave, though, and read it tonight to writing group, rather than an earlier chapter I'm more proud of, as one of the functions of a workshop is to share and work out problems. Brave? Insane, as the standard of writing seems to be rising all the time. I will probably end up feeling miserable and madly envious of everybody else's stuff. I could change my mind, though, it's not too late... could do an earlier chapter, could always say, err decided not to read tonight, as there's no pressure to read every time.

I wasn't going to mention this, but as this is my confession corner I really have to. I found a new US review of my first novel today. The reader absolutely hated it. As it's on a site that is specifically for slagging off novels I shouldn't be too sad, and am in company with Sophie Kinsella, Jane Green et all, but it doesn't half hurt reading a stranger's words on how talentless you are. Serves me right for googling myself.

Bye bye, thanks for visiting, come again soon.

1 comment:

Shanta Everington said...

Dear 'Fessing Author'

Couldn't find your email address so posting a comment instead.

I found out about your blog after reading the MSLEXIA article and I love it! In fact, it inspired me to set up my own writing blog. This was pretty good timing for me as my debut novel has just been accepted for publication, albeit by a very small press.

Anyway, I'm compiling a list of interested bloggers to do reciprocal links, and wondered if you would be willing to place a link to my blog on your link-ups page? If you want to check me out, my blog is:

http://eastlondonwriter.blogspot .com

Let me know and keep up the great blog!

Shanta Everington