Friday, May 19, 2006

Conf 191: Not Always A Beach

No pressure to get started today. Leisurely bike ride and pilates to Darcey's DVD followed by breakfast and yesterday's Independent. Whilst Darcey on the telly, she was also on Desert Island Discs (I only need the pictures to follow so listen to Radio 4). I am now used to her permantly positioned on this South African beach stretching away, so it was odd hearing her potted life story, including very nearly dying giving birth to her first child. Her luxury was eyelash curlers. I've never really got eyelash curlers. Maybe it's the kind of lashes I got, or maybe I don't do it right. Never sure if you should do it before or after mascara, have presumed before or they get black and gooey. Maybe it's the kind of lashes I've got, nondescript and certainly not long and fluttery gorgeous. In my present Darcey-guru-worship state, shall give them another go if I ever go out of an evening again.

Wrote half the treatment for new children's story, and made my list for the agent. Shall chew it over with the workshop girls on Monday, see if any naff ones need weeding out, and send on Tuesday.

A trip to the library hauled in the Wagamama cookbook. Am very excited to find the recipe for their salad dressing (2 teasp finely chopped shallots, 2.5cm piece of fresh ginger root, 1 small garlic clove, 1 and a half tablespoons of rice vinegar, tablespoon of tomato ketchup, tablespoon of water, 100ml vegetable oil and 3 tablespoons light soy sauce.) Have just discovered Wok in back of cupboard so intend to make full use of this. In recipé mood, but noodle-less and not hungry, made up some some air/curtain freshener instead. Boiled up some orange peel, cinnamon sticks, ginger, vanilla and lemon. Not sure if it's worked.

Bye bye, thanks for visiting, come again soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can´t help myself but to give you some of my newly acquired knowledge: eye lash curlers to be used pre mascara I have been told, by selfpronounced expert. Also, mascara goes on bottom lashes first - why I can´t tell you (don´t know) but this news to med was met by much knowing nodding by the rest of the audience, so I assume I should have known this long ago...