Thursday, August 24, 2006

Conf 228: Bye Bye Radio 4

All folded and packed, some surprising spare time today. After all that I said about getting started, thought I'd go back to the rewrite.

Main character talks about her son for first time.

Whilst I was away he had developed a bit in my mind. He's a radio DJ, he was a normal radio DJ before, but now he's a classical punk radio DJ, a bit of a Nigel Kennedy type. I decide I'm going to have a character-a-week policy. For this next week I shall be thinking solely about this man, and so on and so on for the other 3 or 4 main people.

So I googled classical punk, which I discover exists, and they lead me on to a San Francisco pirate station called Pirate Cat Radio. They play Billy Bragg & Wilco doing Woody Guthrie followed by The Monkees followed by Godspeed You Black Emperor and Low followed by Je T'Aime followed by Teenage Wasteland followed by Kraftwerk doing some samba type rhythms. I've already made a note to buy Mermaid Avenue. Quite possibly this afternoon on last minute hols shop.

Bye bye, thanks for visiting, hope you enjoy listening.

1 comment:

Sandra White said...

phentermine - health insurance - debt consolidation - home equity loans Nice comment.. I ll come back for sure :]