Sunday, August 27, 2006

Conf 229 What to Read

This holiday home has broadband ^ the computer happens to be in our room! I could do some proper writing. Don't know how the printer works and am not going underneath the desk to investigate. I am writing on paper, though, notes for the synopsis, and continuing to think about the son character. There was a guy ahead of us in the passport queue in Dusseldorf, mouthy, arrogant thing with floppy blonde hair ^ he's gone into him a bit. Sorry about the typos, this keyboard is different, you press y and you get z and various other things.

This house is fab. Stuffed with books, & I brought about 10 anyway. Am reading 4 at once at moment, Katherine Mansfield short stories, Carol Shields Unless, On Beauty Zadie Smith and William Goldman#s Adventures in the Screen Trade. Debbie is reading 3 books at once. M ^ Steve are reading the papers ^ watching the grand prix on TV. We have bought courgette flowers ^ don't know what to do with them.

Must dash, a cool blue pool overlooking the Luberon hills and a glass of rosé awaits.

Bye bye, thanks for visiting, come again soon.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

I have to read Zadie Smith by the 11th September and I can't.
It's not that I can't read.
I just can't sink into it.
Maybe it's just me though.
Hope you enjoy it.
Caroline.