Monday, October 23, 2006

Meme

The Bitch has tagged me. Recently received an an e-mail one of these from fun friend S which I dutifully filled in and repeat here. Sadly, most people don't play any more, scared of their e-mail address being bandied about and anyway having better things to do, whereas I see it all as good bit of writing-avoidment.

A) Four jobs I have had in my life

Alexon coat salesperson, Bourne & Hollingsworth, Oxford Street
Typist, Nat West Bank Stationery Division, Acton
Nursing auxilary, Queen Elizabeth Hospital for Sick Children, Banstead
Director, BBC Bristol

B) Four movies I would watch over and over:

Harold and Maude
Blue Velvet
Belleville Rendezvous
Lady and the Tramp

C) Four places I have lived:

Bothenhampton
Coulsdon
Camberwell
Notting Hill


D) Four TV shows I love to watch:

Seinfeld
Celebrity Big Brother
Jonathan Ross
Mock The Week



E ) Four places I have been on vacation:

Boracay
Mauna Kea
Guilin
Mount Koyasan


F) Four Websites I visit (almost) daily

Amazon
Celebdaq
Chicklitworkinprogress
Non-working Monkey


G ) Four of my favourite foods:


Sashimi
Shepherd's pie
Tomato & onion salad
Guacamole & doritos


H) Four albums I love:

Joshua Tree
Tea for the Tillerman
Mermaid Avenue
After The Goldrush

I) Four of my favourite books:

Cannery Row
Autobiography of a Yogi
Jigsaw
Smallcreep's Day

J) Four places I would rather be right now:

Brazil
Bali
Venice
Hawaii


And here's S's good taste version am deeply envious of:

A) Four jobs I have had in my life
market researcher
barmaid
shop keeper
typesetter


B) Four movies I would watch over and over:

Thelma and Louise
Manhattan
Napoleon Dynamite
Airplane

C) Four places I have lived:

London
Cheltenham
Zinal
Warwick

D) Four TV shows I love to watch:

ER
The Sopranos
House
Curb your Enthusiasm


E ) Four places I have been on vacation:


Mexico
Torquay
St Vincent
Sardinia



F) Four Websites I visit (almost) daily

LoveFilm
eBay
nutritiondata.com
amazon

G ) Four of my favourite foods:

nuts
spaghetti
beans
parma ham


H) Four albums I love:

What's Going On (marvin gaye)
Garden State (soundtrack)
Girl at her Volcano (rickie lee jones)
Madman across the water (elton john)


I) Four of my favourite books:

Handmaid's Tale
What I Loved
The Princess Bride
Nights at the Circus

J) Four places I would rather be right now:

mexico
london
australia
anywhere but suffolk!

Bye bye, thanks for visiting, come again soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amanda, fyi, you tempted me with the title 'a handy hint that works' and then I got a 'page not found error'. Oh what was the handy hint ... ?

On the meme topic, are you a 'don't publish the email' or a publish the email?

Guy

Amanda Mann said...

Sorry, Guy, it's gone, but maybe wiping itself out the best thing. A dull splinge about booking cinema tickets on the phone, when everyone books by internet these days anyhow. But could be useful I suppose if you ever do call any officialdom that has the dreaded computerspeak to get through. For Odeon cinemas it works anyhow, what you do, after you've said where you are in your own computerspeak stern voice, is refuse to answer any of the robot questions, and say instead SPEAK TO OPERATOR and the machine implodes and goes berserk backwards and you get a real person instead.

I am a publish the email person, but as a blind cc so that no addresses are given you. Feel a bit silly afterwards, though, when nobody replies. A

Ziomal said...

Very nice! I like it. the firm skateboards