Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Conf 266: Negative to Positive

Am just back from long walk after delivering car to garage. It's a perfect autumn day, windy and golden and blue. I crossed through one of the locations for novel & made a few notes. Had a bit of a lightbulb moment about what I should do about my poor, neglected novel 2. Was thinking about brilliantly funny playground sketch on Catherine Tate Show last night & a friend's attempt to get a TV script off the ground around the same subject. Then thought, hang on a moment. I have the material, the story and the characters are all there, I should be doing something similar.

Had a look at the other book's Amazon page. It's got its first review, 3 stars. And this from the Publisher: A fantastic commercial concept, this is one of our most exciting women's fiction launches in 2006.

Film & TV rights are a bit of a cul de sac in the fledgling novelist world. They only get snapped up on the crest of a buzz created by the publishers spending loads of money on an advance and you soon forget about them as a beginner's fantasy. I did ask my agent on publication of novel 1 and she told me they had an agency and my book would be considered. So I shall now get all proactive and order up ten or so copies and send them out to some TV companies.

Bye bye, thanks for visiting, come again soon.

2 comments:

Lorainne said...

Maybe write a screenplay instead??

Anonymous said...

Catherine Tate rocks doesn't she? Really funny last night.