Wednesday, March 28, 2007

CONF 335: NEW SYNOPSIS

Getting the synopsis down to 1 page proved impossible. Did get it to 2 pages however. I wonder now what I was ever thinking sending 4 pages of dense writing off and am fairly amazed that any agents at all ploughed through it.

Taking The Writing Coach's advice, I began with the 'logline' in bold type. "This," she says, "is the one or two sentence description of the book that encapsulates the entire story." All in all it reads as much more of a selling document now. I also drafted a new query letter, with more detail about why I decided to write this book; mention of the two-thirds complete novel; why my last agent and I parted company - and this blog.

I e-mailed the new synop off to the 2 agents who have been considering the novel for some time now, and I've licked up some envelopes ready to send query letters off to 4 more. I think I'm about ready to step away from that novel completely and perhaps give myself a little screen holiday. I've been spending far, far too much time in this one spot. Time to stir up the air around me a bit.

Bye bye, thanks for visiting, come again soon.

2 comments:

hellojed said...

Good luck Amanda, I have my fingers crossed. And thanks for The Writing Coach link.

Anne Brooke said...

Yes, good luck!

A
xxx