Saturday, April 28, 2007

CONF 349: SWAMPED

OK, sorry about that. I've calmed down now. Don't get out much you see. But it was good. Now I'm inside again, back at the desk, panicing. I have a few chapters of the novel I want to sort out this weekend before mailing the rest of it to the agent. Of course what's happened is I've opened the file and am now going through the whole thing from beginning to end, tweeking words here and there, cutting out unnecessaries. And then the work work, which I expected on Wednesday morning finally arrived this morning, so it's a mad, insane weekend of working like I've never worked before.

But an agent really enjoyed the opening chapters of my novel and loves my writing. And his colleague! That's something. Have been repeating to myself don't get too excited, don't get too excited, don't start imaginings of book deals, but of course I am.

Bye bye, thanks for visiting, come again soon.

6 comments:

hellojed said...

It never rains but it pours! Definitely good news about the agent, at least give yourself a big pat on the back.

Zoe said...

Oh well done! I have my fingers crossed for you, try not to work too hard this weekend - the weathers to nice. :)

Anne Brooke said...

Great news, Amanda - and hope it all works out!!

:))

A
xxx

Amanda Mann said...

Thank you!

lemn Sissay said...

Amanda - hoep it's a good agency. Congratulations Lemn

Amanda Mann said...

Ooh, Lemn - thanks. I told my friend Deb about you and she said 'I know - I have You Are So Perfect taped to my wall.' Looking forward to seeing you again.