Saturday, July 28, 2007

CONF 475: SUMMER READING

John Baker's got a great thing going on his blog this summer. He asked a whole selection of writers, known and unknown (even including little me), this question:

What phases are involved in the creation of a text?

I've just read 2 entries: M E Ellis can do 10,000 words in a day AND she has kids! I warmed to her immediately she's very funny. Poet Ernesto Priego dreams in text! 'letters, words, different kinds of fonts dancing around.'

I started my holiday novel last night, Margaret Atwood's Alias Grace, just in case I don't get into it. It'd be nice to turn up by the pool with an unputdownable already nicely on the boil.

Now look at me, it's not yet 8am, I got up early to write synopsis thoughts I had on waking and I haven't started...

Bye bye, thanks for visiting, come again soon.

1 comment:

Ernesto said...

Hey, thanks for the shout-out. Just noticed this. Thank you!

Cheers.