Friday, August 03, 2007

CONF 476: REWRITING THE REWRITING

After about a month of leaving it in a drawer, have been revisiting the second half of Novel 4. Have started a page by page edit, seeing if I can cut anything out, improve, intensify. It's good to read it without knowing exactly what's coming next. I've also re-done the front page with my lovely new title and opened a new file.

Going on hols tomorrow, so have e-mailed the latest drafts to myself just in case the burglars get in. I thought about printing it out and taking it with me to work on, but have decided that if I do anything at all, it'll be more development of the new character in that section. I know he needs some TLC. Coming in, as he did, at a later stage he's not had the attention some of the others have had. It makes such a difference, knowing it's now a wanted novel instead of a maybe-it'll-be-published-one-day novel, and certainly concentrates the mind. I can't say anything more about the business side at the moment, but please put a couple of fingers by to keep knots for me.

Bye bye, thanks for visiting, come again soon.

2 comments:

Anne Brooke said...

Enjoy the hols, Amanda - and so pleased to hear of the positive developments!

A
xxx

Amanda Mann said...

Thanks, Anne, for all your support.