Saturday, October 06, 2007

CONF 487: PLAN OF ACTION

.

Well, I gave the agent a tiny, polite nudge. She got back to me immediately &, as I assumed, the looming Frankfurt Book Fair has kept her busy. She is going to try and get back to me before she goes. If she doesn't manage to, I mustn't panic and keep reminding myself that unsigned authors have to be a lower priority than the clients already represented. I know what I have to do. Block off a couple of weeks to do the rewrites, and nothing but the rewrites. That won't be possible until after I've moved house on 1st November so am not going to beat myself up about it.

Tracey Emin's column the Independent this week: Writers writing about writing are (is?) a fairly common sight, artists less so, because they can't paint about it I suppose, or maybe some do. How many other writers can identify with her anxts? I'm guessing 99%.

Bye bye, thanks for visiting, come again soon.

4 comments:

Anne Brooke said...

Good luck, Amanda! Hugs!

A
xxx

Thufer said...

good luck, i wish you the best.

Amanda Mann said...

Thank you anne & thufer, so nice of you to comment. a

Mya said...

Well done for prodding agent! Best of luck. Hope preparations for the move are going smoothly - good to have something to take your mind of things, I'm guessing? Take care.

Mya x