Tuesday, April 29, 2008

CONF 538: YES OR NO?

.

I don't know!

As the days go by I have more reason to be confident. But confidence at this stage is extremely dangerous, the fall if it comes is going to be big, the good news, if it comes, could be big. Meantime I'm keeping on writing. The final draft isn't completed & I need to have as much ready as I can. Certainly a complete, final dots and tees all crossed manuscript by the end of this school summer term. This is the second week I've been on C11, I seem to have got more self-conscious already. Could be because I'm reading as well. I don't normally read fiction when I write, but really enjoying Lionel Shriver's The Post Birthday World , even if I am groaning every now and then with sentence envy. The Sliding Doors-like plotting is clever, two Chapter 2s, two Chapter 3s etc, but I wonder where the sub plot is, no sign in the first few chapters.

Bye bye, thanks for visiting, come again soon.

3 comments:

L-Plate Author said...

Good luck with it all 'Amanda', I'm rooting for you xx

Lucy Diamond said...

I second that! This has become my must-read blog...am crossing everything for a big fat YES for you soon. xx

liz fenwick said...

nibbling nails wiaitng with you!