Thursday, May 29, 2008

CONF 546: NEWS!

.

We have interest from two publishers with several irons still in the fire. I'm now committed to finishing the rewrite by the end of the school summer term. There may be a deal before that but on the other hand there may not so a big, big incentive to finish.

The last two days on Chapter 18 have been terrible. Rubbish rubbish plod. But it's half term and necessary interruptions shouldn't be seen as distractions. Thankfully, this morning I managed to write a completely new opening to C18 whilst still in bed and am hopefully through the glitch. Don't know whether to count up the number of weeks left and divide the wordcount, or get through it as quickly as possible and then rewrite the rewrite, or keep on as I am getting each portion polished to a shine for the senior editors I now know are going to be reading closely.

Couldn't help noticing that Sebastian Faulkes Ian Fleming impersonation took him 6 weeks to write, squirrelled away somewhere no doubt being fed and watered.

Bye bye, thanks for visiting, come again soon.

9 comments:

Lucy Diamond said...

Oooohhh! How exciting! Go, Fessing Author, go!

Yvonne said...

Two publishers - brilliant news. A change of scene helps my editing too sometimes, not sure why.

L-Plate Author said...

Good luck. I'm still rooting for you! xx

Mya said...

Ooh the suspense is killing me! It sounds very positive, though. Everything crossed here.

Mya x

Amanda Mann said...

Thank you thank you! Also seems like a real turnabout with the illness at home, things could really start to be getting better. AND George won!

Sylvia said...

Dear Amanda
I sympathise with your experiences - I have been in the same position as you, wondering if I am going to live long enough to find a mainstream publisher again. I have taken the step of self publishing my last 2 books. The first (Surfviving Your Partner) has sold quite well. The second (Candy's Children) has made a good start and the critics (even The Guardian) have been quite kind. It IS worth having a go, if you are confident enough in the quality of your work. GOOD LUCK

CC Devine said...

This is fab news!

Keep us posted on your progress.

liz fenwick said...

Still nail biting for you!!!!Good luck with the revising - still there myself when I hoped to have finished it by now!

pundy said...

Brilliant. I see sunshine ahead.