Saturday, September 27, 2008

CONF 570: DRIVEN TO TEARS




Zapping down A4 last night to collect daughter from her friend's house, flicked the radio to come in half way through this. Turned it up to full volume & by the girly chorusy bit 14 minutes in a lump had appeared in my throat. At the Chiswick flyover the tears were falling dangerously. When I arrived had to sit in the car outside for a while to get myself out of complete jibbering, shaking wreck state.

Inside, parent friends of daughter's friend were out so I couldn't join them in the usual tankard of wine which was probably just as well. Instead, walked into brightly-lit kitchen full of 18 year olds sitting around being cool. Daughter & her friends were camped out on the trampoline in the garden. Managed to slip away unobtrusively but - blimey. Even I've heard this 500 thousand million times before - first introduced to my friend J and I by David Bowie at his Ziggy shows where we knew it as the Clockwork Orange music - but never quite this powerfully. Or maybe it was just my mood. Don't know what Tom Cruise is doing in violins & George Bush in the choir though.

Bye bye, thanks for visiting, come again soon.

1 comment:

Anne Brooke said...

Beethoven always rocks, it's true.

Hugs

Axxx