Thursday, February 12, 2009

CONF 586: AND SO ON

.

Sorry about that. It was a particularly dark and rainy Monday morning. Everybody who wasn't Kate Winslet was probably having a quiet grumble about something or other. All is fine again now. Have my synopsis back with some very good, clear advice. Mainly, it's much too long, and too dense - more of a story outline. I now have to make it into a selling document of no more than 2 pages.

Meantime lots of journalism work has come in which always makes me feel wanted. We've also solved the car problem - the 16 year old is going. I, me, second-hand me, who doesn't even replace an oven glove when it's got holes in it, is about to take delivery of a brand new, shiny red, steering wheel controlled MP3 ipodded-up, hatchback. We toured the car dealers of Chiswick yesterday, slightly fearful but most of the dealers lovely and gentle, until we stopped at Spanish Tony who had an offer we couldn't refuse. It's coming to the end of the car numberplate year, the crunch is obviously biting and all that so it seemed like a good time to do it now rather spend lots on repairs and wait another year. I then had unexpected fun last night doing the online car insurance comparison thingy. At the risk of sounding like the woman in the ad, it's completely brilliant - knocking over 400 quid off my broker's quote. Hurrah for moneysavingexpert once again. They also have a useful job description tweaking thingy for those of us in the risky, untrustworthy professions. I actually called myself a journalist, insurers, it seems, prefer them to TV people.

Bye bye, thanks for visiting, come again soon.

1 comment:

Deb said...

Hurray for your new car!! And a red one at that. x