Thursday, February 26, 2009

CONF 588: PITCHING

.

Writing fantasy is one thing but trying to describe it in a matter-of-fact, synopsis-like, way that will also excite (without sounding bonkers) and sell, and all inside 2 pages, has taken me all week. A grumpy week with days that ended with 'this is rubbish' followed by days that started with crossing most of what I'd done the day before out. Anyway, it's done now and am sending it off to agent with the first few chapters.

An email came in from agent in the middle of all this, always an exciting moment. It was an offer to pitch for a ghostwriting-type job. It confused me for a while, I'm going to finish the novel I'm on no matter what happens, that's my deal with myself. Pitch will involve writing about 9,000 words on spec with by no means a definite commission at the end of it. But with my situation the way it is right now I have no choice but be in the 'say yes to everything' mode. So there's the next task sorted. If I gun it I should be able to do it in a week.

Did you see this Mick Brown interview with Anita Brookner, 'one of the most extraordinary women' he's ever met? Touching.

Bye bye, thanks for visiting, come again soon.

8 comments:

Mya said...

Say yes to everything and gun it too!!!!

Your new car is so pretty, it looks very funky, just the sort of car a writer drives.

You seem to have a lot of things to go at workwise - the ghost writing sounds interesting.

Belated happy new year!

Mya x

Gonna be a writer said...

Hi, I've just discovered your blog from someone who follows my blog. I guess that makes you a friend of a friend. Anyway, just wanted to say hello, that your blog is really interesting and that I'll bo visiting again.
Oh and I love the new car.

rockmother said...

I get that awful fear feeling when writing treatments too (for tv/film not for publishing). I think it is an overwhelming sense of insecurity - this won't be good enough, I can't do it, it's rubbish, I am stupid. But it never is. It's just a hard slog sometimes getting there. Hope all goes well with yours. I'm in the middle of one and been putting it off for weeks. It's all in my head and in bullet point note form at mo - final deadline Monday - GOT to do it. Take care x

Amanda Mann said...

Belated happy new year to you too, Mya, & glad you like the car. I am certainly enjoying it in all its shinyness. Hi Gonna be a writer, & many thanks for visiting & saying so. Thanks for sharing the fear Rockmother, am totally impressed you're getting somewhere with TV pitches in this day & age. After a little success at the Beeb directing a 'new director's' film for a Bristol series called 10 x 10 I tried and tried to progress but gave up in the end. Being pathetically shy didn't help & I have oh such a big didn't go to uni chip on my shoulder as well.

nodamnblog said...

Good luck with the pitch. Hope you get it.

Amanda Mann said...

Thank you! Keeping calm so far...

陳冠希Easaon said...

cool!i love it!AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,情色,日本a片,美女,成人圖片區

日月神教-向左使 said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,色情,080苗栗人聊天室,免費a片,視訊美女