Tuesday, April 13, 2010

CONF 634: SPRING!


Not Christmas, no, but this little one comes to the balcony every morning with its mother. Wasn't sure what their relationship was for a while, until saw this:
.

.

Last week's lull has definitely passed & back to doing 6 things at once. The press response to the ebook has been very heartening & looking forward to posting links to reviews, extracts and competitions to win soon. I've also just been making notes on the first chapter of the follow-up book, not written by me! I'm moving into editorial territory which is really interesting and fun.

No news on the novel but don't expect to hear anything for a while.  Agent is away until the later this week and then will be frantically busy at The London Book Fair. It all happens in Earls Court just a ten minute walk from my home. I should go really, but then wouldn't know where to go when I got inside, so I won't...

Read this article on toyboywarehouse.com founder Julia Macmillan (last night's Evening Standard) with great interest. Her initial online dating searches ("always matched me up with guys in their mid-fifties who liked golf”) is exactly my main character's experience. Really like Julia's blog too: Don't  Call Me A Cougar.   My character isn't in any way a cougar, the guy she likes is the same age as her which makes the older guy/younger woman norm even more annoying. There's plenty to say on it all, plenty plenty. Maybe, just maybe it is cows coming home time (sorry) for the 50something dating novel?

Bye bye, thanks for visiting, come again soon. 







 

2 comments:

Pimlicokid said...

Smashing pictures of Robins. However, I'm sure it's a male offering his potential mate incentives for getting together. We have chap doing this at present in our garden (with meal worms provided by us). The babies, if/when they come, will have speckled Thrushy chests until they get their glorious red breasts. Forgive this apparent ornithological nerdiness (I know nothing about other birds).
Keep the faith with the novel.

Stephanie Zia said...

Ah, thank you. The take her out for dinner syndrome, makes much more sense than big baby refusing to leave nest. The friendly fat blackbird was doing it last year with her babies, then just a few weeks later was shooing them away. Maybe see you later at John Harding's reading?