Sunday, May 22, 2011

A Georgian Summer's Evening in Ladak, East Sheen - Conf 672


Private views. Love them. Early summer's evening drinks, nibbles, a bit of art, a bit of chat, old friends, new. Another glass of wine why not. Then off for dinner somewhere (fish & chips on the way home for the family in this case). In the early 80s new galleries were opening up all over the place around my W11 flat. They're long gone. Folkestone's the place now for unusual little art galleries. My sister lives there. It's great. Last week I found one closer to home. A really lovely new little gallery in Sheen, west London. Beautiful light, run by friendly, warm people and with some great art on display.  The owner of the gallery is from Ladak, Nepal; the artist, Misha Shengelia, is from Georgia. He does these postcard oils:


My favourite was a painting of a little town with a statue with a big nose in the middle called 'an unimportant statue in an unimportant town' - :) I couldn't find a picture of it but there are lots of lovely ones:

Those are small, A4 kind of size and, at £180 a pop, £300 for 2, affordable art for many. There are bigger pictures too:


Wonderful.

If you're in west London the exhibition is on till 4 June Noon - 7pm. The gallery is called Ladak and it's in downtown Sheen at 192 Upper Richmond Road West, East Sheen SW14 8AN.

Bye bye, thanks for visiting, come again soon.

1 comment:

Deb said...

I must see this. I love his quirky, funny style. There's nothing like it (that I've seen). x